You are here
Modular Auto Turrets Update
Place any gun in your turret to defend your base, A new ring road around the island to lead you to your favourite monument, Steam Rich Presence on your friends list and life stats added to the death screen as well as various other optimizations and improvements.
Check out the Devblog for detailed information.
- Added .mid file support for instruments.playrecording
- Added stats to death screen
- Added support for Steam Rich Presence
- Added support for Steam Friend Groups
- Added support for MIDI sustain pedal input
- Added global.teleport2owneditem to teleport admin to a players items
- Added player.wakeupall command to wake up all sleepers (cinematography)
- Added player.copyrotation to copy the rotation of a player to a target player (cinematography)
- Added player.mount to mount a given player to the target mountable (cinematography)
- Added two lane ring road
- Added Modular Turrets
- Added save cfg on exit
- Added Message of the day (motd convar)
- Added Support for temporarily banning players (s,m,h,d,w,M,y)
- Added Allow typing when the console autocomplete is active
- Fixed SAM sites in monuments not regenerating if server restarts while the site is destroyed
- Fixed player not being able to wake up if they died while the chat box was open
- Fixed "Musical Maestro" achievement not unlocking correctly (play an instrument to trigger it)
- Fixed several vehicle parenting trigger bugs and exploits
- Fixed road mesh normals
- Fixed Auto Turret bounds so they can no longer be hurt through walls
- Fixed players being able to lag out the server with 1000 fireworks
- Fixed sleeping bags taking 4 days to decay outdoors
- Fixed Quit button delay
- Fixed autoturrets retaliating against SAM sites when they accidentally get hit
- Fixed an item being lost when a corpse with full inventory despawns, the item that can't fit into the backpack will get thrown onto the floor now
- Improved placement logic for tree hit markers
- Changed supermarket, gas station and warehouse to roadside monuments
- Only spawn prefab mountains on 5k maps or larger
- Can no longer build or deploy on roads
- Introduced sane upper limits for monument and cave counts
- Reduced object count on 5k maps or larger (server performance)
- Abandoned cabins is now a tier 0 monument
- Use morphed custom meshes for roads and rivers
- Cull river and road meshes at 1000m distance
- Much cheaper and more effective Horse Armor
Lunar New Year
Happy Lunar new year to everyone! To help everyone celebrate we have added some new items to the Steam item store.
First off, throughout the Lunar New Year celebration everyone will be able to craft a set of throw-able firecrackers to make a racket. Traditionally set off to scare away evil spirits, many people would set them off when opening the front door before they went out. We somehow doubt these will scare off a dedicated door camper but you can try!
A very large, very loud gong. You can hit it or shoot it and even play music on it as the note changes based on where it is struck.
To celebrate year of the rat we have created a beautiful bronze and gold Rat Mask. Similar to last years Dragon Mask, it replaces the wolf headdress.
We've added three styles of fireworks which come in two different packages. The Small Fireworks package contains Roman Candles and Volcano style fireworks but if that isn't big and loud enough for you we've added a Large Fireworks package which contains Mortar style shells which create huge colored starbursts in the sky and can be seen for many miles. In addition to 5 different colors, the the Large Fireworks package also contains a Champagne style Mortar which creates the largest and most impressive display of pyrotechnics.
In addition to this year's new items, we’ve added two items from last years sale back to the item store, the Dragon Door Knocker and the Chinese Lantern
The Igniter is a new IO entity that you can use to ignite nearby items - including Fireworks, Campfires, Furnaces, Lanterns, unexploded Beancan grenades and Satchel Charges. While powered the Igniter will automatically start spraying out sparks, igniting anything in a radius that it has line of sight to. Use them to wire up remote firework displays!Much like the Tesla Coil, the Igniter takes damage while it's running so you won't be able to run it forever without repairs.An item like this would usually be released in a start of month update rather than an event update but we felt that the Igniter would be really useful for setting off fireworks so we brought it forward to this update.
Happy New Year!
Santa is packing up and clearing out the bodies, we hope you enjoyed the Holiday Season. We're getting back to work after a couple of weeks off which is why this is a light blog and we are looking forward to the journey ahead in 2020!
Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone! The Christmas Event is once again live! If you haven't been around for this before, here's what you can expect:
Every once in a while you will hear the sound of jingle bells. Run outside and look for a gift! Two gifts are spawned per player, in a radius of about 40m from where you are standing. Run up and bash it open to receive your Christmas presents. They come in three sizes: small, medium, and large. If you have enough small presents stashed, you can "trade up" to a medium. If you choose to unwrap a present, the contents in each will vary. I won't blow the surprise here, but you'll find a mix of resources, weapons, and candy. Some players may receive coal for being absolutely worthless human beings.
Once again, you will be able to find Santa hats and reindeer antlers, both of which can be worn and provide a decent amount of protection. There’s also a lickable candy cane club, and two types of stockings. If you hang a stocking inside your base when the jingle bells ring the stocking will fill up with loot. The larger stocking has a higher chance for better items and both last around 5-10 refills.
You may notice a different look to a few other aspects of the game but we won't spoil them here. Have fun!
We've also added some holiday themed items to the Rust Item Store including some Deluxe Christmas Lights, Check them out!
- Xmas content enabled
- Fixed high bite protection causing animal attacks to heal the player
- Fixed monument labels on map flickering when adding/removing markers
- Fixed scientist loot panel displaying random numbers - now reads "Scientist"
- Fixed being able to reload chainsaw while attacking
- Fixed not being able to save workshop models from the Workshop UI
- Fixed a duplicate MIDI binding on the bass guitar
- Fixed the sharp note bindings not working on instruments
- Reduced chance of tree minigame markers going under the ground
The Instrument DLC Update
The Instruments DLC pack is now available on Steam for purchase with a 10% launch discount! It includes 10 new instruments with a completely overhauled music input system as well as MIDI support for actual hardware input from compatible devices.
Not sure what all of this is about? The Instrument Pack is our first paid DLC which includes 10 new playable instruments. They all use a completely overhauled music system that allows you to play specific notes (A, B, C, D, E, F, G) across multiple octaves. They also support MIDI input, so you can hook up physical instruments as well as a variety of MIDI related software to really unleash your musical abilities.
The pack includes:
- Wheelbarrow Piano (200 Wood, 100 Metal Frags)
- Junkyard Drum Kit (200 Wood, 100 Metal Frags)
- Shovel Bass (50 Wood, 75 Metal Frags)
- Sousaphone (100 Metal Frags)
- Jerry Can Guitar (25 Wood, 50 Metal Frags)
- Xylobones (50 Bone Fragments)
- Plumber's Trumpet (75 Metal Frags)
- Cowbell (35 Metal Frags)
- Canbourine (25 Metal Frags)
- Pan Flute (20 Metal Frags, 5 Cloth)
Steam Awards - Rust Nomination
The annual Steam Awards nominations have started and we hope you’ll vote for Rust to win the “Labor of Love” award.
Rust is nearly 6 years old now and it’s got better every year with more people playing it than ever. In the last year or so alone we’ve seen vehicles from boats and hot air balloons to minicopters and also horses with horse armor. We added new areas like the Scientist Compound and the Bandit Town plus of course, Monuments like the Oil Rig. We put electricity in the game. In the last few months we introduced Killer Mummies at Halloween, the most epic trees you’ve ever seen and (soon) we’ve got our first ever DLC with musical instruments like the Wheelbarrow Piano and Canbourine. Also, Rust looks and plays a hell of a lot better than in Legacy days, so there’s that.
We’re really grateful for all the support the Rust community has shown over the years and we hope this award will recognise that too. All you need to do is click the `Labor of Love 2019` box above for our eternal gratitude!
Community Update 218
The Tree Fix Update
Halloween is over, trees are fixed and more optimizations, fixes and improvements.
- Added team chat.
- Added chat pop-up menu when clicking a chat message.
- Added chat muting.
- Added "mutelist", "unmute" and "unmuteall" console commands.
- Added Hover Loot, default keybind is hold H.
- Can now hold down on the Give, Take and Drink buttons to automatically transfer water.
- Added new map marker for multiple vending machines in close proximity
- Added teleportlos admin console command to teleport along the line of sight
- Can open debug log file from console screen
- Added in game report system (halloween patch)
- Added notification system on main menu
- Added Medium Battery
- Added "rWm/Rust Watt Minutes" energy storage system
- Added manual Depth of Field mode
- Fixed the delay before firing the second shot with each new bow.
- It is no longer possible to accidentally drop an item in the space between your inventory and your belt.
- Fixed several ways in which the chat window could get stuck open, without input, leaving you unable to move or chat.
- Improved reliability of tree harvesting mini-game
- Fixed hot air balloon parenting exploit
- Fixed late entity pop in when moving very fast
- Fixed minicopters floating in the air if the ground they were resting on was destroyed
- Fixed horses floating in the air if the ground they were resting on was destroyed
- Increased horse frame budget from 0.334ms to 1ms (smoother horses)
- Fixed Cargoship hull interior culling on low object quality
- Fixed missing dune meshes at the water well
- Fixed small refinery placement on ice, rocks and uneven surfaces
- Fixed deploying on Cargoship rudder
- Fixed compound awning culling
- Loot actions are now queued so that items are looted one after another, instead of simultaneously.
- You can now right click an inventory item to move it to your belt.
- You can now drag items directly into/between locker slots without having to swap sets first.
- Added clothing icon to locker clothing slots.
- Extensive rework of monument LODs
- Campfire flames and smoke now move directly upward, even if placed on a slope.
- Large furnace can be placed on world layer (rocks)
- Small water catchers can now be placed on construction
HALLOWEEN COMES TO RUST
From now til November 7th 2019 we have a bunch of spooky new features...
NEW NPCS: KILLER MUMMIES AND SCARECROWS
Get ready to go up against creepy mummies and scarecrows spawning around the world, armed with pitchforks, butcher knives and chainsaws. Good night and good luck - you’ll need it.
NEW EVENT: TRICK OR TREAT!
During each ingame day in Halloween you’ll be able to join trick or treat hunts for as much candy as you can get your hands on (while everyone else tries to do the same, naturally). Once you have enough candy you can craft loot bags that open to reveal goodies, or collect 10 loot bags to upgrade from small to medium and so forth, with chances for better loot each time.
There’s exclusive Halloween-themed items like graveyard fences and cobwebs to decorate your base. We’ve also got a bunch of Halloween exclusive content both new and old on the Rust Item Store. Spookify your base with candle packs and skull door knockers. Impress your teammates with your bloody Surgeon Scrubs. We also welcome back some favourites like Strobe Lights and the one and only Fogger 3000 fog machine.
Horse Equipment Update
We've added horse equipment, Crafting, Inventory, Map and Death screen improvements and various other fixes, balances and improvements ...
- Added grass.distance convar (range 100-200, default 100)
- Added headlerp convar (adjusts head snapback speed after alt look)
- Added headlerp_inertia convar (smoothens the head snapback motion after alt look)
- Added admin refillvitals console commands (fills health, calories and hydration)
- Added admin heal console command (same as calling hurt with negative values)
- Resdesigned death screen
- Can now place a marker on the map
- Added screen mode (Fullscreen exclusive, Fullscreen Borderless, Windowed) option to Screen settings
- Added FPS Limit slider to Screen settings
- Shift-middle mouse drag to split a third of an item stack
- Right click the item split bar to type an exact split amount
- Middle/shift-middle mouse click the splitter bar to set it to half/third
- Left click and drag your inventory screen player model to spin it around
- Right click a Quick Craft icon to remove it from the crafting queue
- Right click an item in the crafting queue to move it to the start of the queue
- Added a Crafting Favourites system
- Added keybinds to drop a single/full stack of the the currently selected/active item to the Inventory settings section
- Added "unable to repair" reason chat notifications
- Added Tesla Coil
- Added Horse Wood Armor
- Added Horse Roadsign Armor
- Added Horse Shoes
- Added Saddlebags
- Horse breeds actually impact horse statistics
- Added Ammunition information panel
- Added Electrical wire flow indicator
- Added double door skins
- Fixed lerp convar exploit (now admin / dev only and clamped to a sane range)
- Fixed exploit to disarm landmines from any distance
- Fixed exploit to free underwater loot crates from any distance
- Fixed exploit to interact with excavator from any distance
- Fixed bullet impact glow effect not following vehicles after impact
- Can no longer drag/throw items when you're wounded
- Can no longer combine world items of non-full condition to get a free repair
- Consumable item information panel no longer shows default values the first time you inspect one
- Minor Hapis Island fixes
- Fixed campfire description
- Fixed recycler description
- Fixed errors when entering site B (Hapis Island)
- Fixed scrap transport helicopter oil rig exploits
- Fixed APC crates falling through the ground
- Disabled status effects in god mode
- Disabled food and hydration depletion in god mode
- Disabled radiation poisoning in god mode
- There's now a small 0.75 second buffer when the Quick Craft list refreshes to help prevent miss-clicks
- Added an Electrical category to the crafting screen and re-categorised all electrical items
- Added a Favourites category to the crafting screen
- Cleaned up some ambient and foliage sounds
- Updated bear sounds
- Updated pressure pad sounds
- Updated collectible resource sounds
- Cleaned up barefoot footsteps a little bit
- Evened out and increased attack helicopter rotor sound volume
- Electrical wires now have normal mapping and a 3d look
- Spas-12 has a slightly higher fire rate
- Shotgun slugs are more accurate and do more damage
- Shotgun slugs have a closer damage falloff
- M92 has a slightly slower fire rate
- Simple Sight is now a default blueprint
- M39 swapped with L96 as bandit camp
- Bradley loot table improved
- Bradley is more vulnerable to HV rockets
- Bradley top turret has been enabled
- Excavator yield increased by 30%